ETUDE HOUSE: Dear Darling Water Gel Tint (Ice Cream Summer Edition) OR205 Review

Hello sweeties! I'm back again with my second K-beauty review. Today I'll be reviewing the cutest ice cream tint from Etude House in 0R205. I previously wrote a short review on it on my Instagram (you can check it out @nana_vanilla_ last year when I got this as a surprise birthday gift from my sister (aww, thank you). I was thinking that I should make a more elaborate review on the Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint (Ice cream Summer Edition) now that I'm back to blogging. Let's get started!

So cute isn't it?

     Back then, my sister picked this colour because I was so into the summer orange makeup but I had no orange lip tint to complete the look. I have my favourite orange eye shadow  (Beautiful Orange, OR201) from The Face Shop and orange tension blusher from Missha (I'll do another review on this) but I needed one more orange-coloured lip product to complete my orange makeup. All I have in my makeup bucket are those lip products with either red or pink tones. None of them were in orange hue. 
  
     I was so thrilled when Etude House first launched the Dear Darling Water Gel Tint collection in 6  colours in cute popsicle packaging. Below are all the 6 different colours that are available.

First row (L to R): RD306 (Shark Red), RD307 (Watermelon Red), Second row: OR205 (Apricot Red), PK004 (Red bean Red), Third Row: PK005 (Peach Red) and PK006 (Jewel Red)

      
     The colour that I'll be reviewing is the OR205 also known as Apricot Red. My second personal favourite colour would be RD307 Watermelon Red because I'm a fan of having red lips (you would notice if you follow me on Instagram hehe). However, today I'll be focusing only on reviewing the one in Apricot Red (0R205). Let's move on to its packaging in detail and its application. 


The outer packaging. You could already guess its colour by looking at the 2 apricot images on the box.

     It is encased in a paper box and comes in plastic container that resembles a popsicle. Do not worry it's not made of glass and you can have a piece of mind when placing it in your handbag or pouch. It's very lightweight too as the content weighs only 4.5g.  

     It claims to be a moisture tint that expresses sweet colour like ice cream as it refreshingly melts into the lips. To be honest, I don't find it really moisturizing but a little sticky when I first apply it to my lips. It has somewhat a sweet fruity taste and smell, but I guess you'll eventually get used to it and you wouldn't be bothered by its texture because it does glide on smoothly on your lips.  

Turn the ''popsicle stick'' to unlock the applicator

        The popsicle stick acts as the applicator. The applicator is soft to allow easy application for gradation. After adjusting the right amount of content at the tip of the opening of the container, apply on the lips starting with the inside of lips and working it outward as if creating a natural gradation. 

       As it has a sheer to slightly glossy finish, it allows you to apply multiple layers on your lips without looking too heavy or dark in colour. Colour is totally buildable. You can achieve the gradation look by referring to the the second pic above in this post. It's very natural when applied in both gradation and full lips.  

      It is named Apricot Red but I find the colour to be looking more like orange. Upon first application, the lip tint has a sheer orange finish and as you apply it a few more times, the colour turns a little like blood orange. When applied only on its own, I felt like it make my bare face look a lot more livelier, yet still looking very natural. Perfect item to bring out on those days when you don't feel like applying any makeup but at the same time when you don't want to look dull and tired. I also like to apply the tint right after I apply my mandarin orange lipstick to enhance its orange colour and to give it a glossier look. 

       However, I've got to say that this could be one of those lip tints that are least long-lasting as compared to many other lip tints that I've tried including the previous ones from Etude House. It only last around 30 minutes when applied on its own and it could last up to an hour when I apply it on top of my lipstick. If you still insists on wearing this as your lip colour for the whole day, you will need to re-apply it multiple times. I did not include any swatches this time for this colour because the texture was too watery for me to swatch and my phone camera failed to capture it tone and texture correctly. But I'm showing you how the lip tint looks on my lips in the selfie below. 

This orange colour on my lips is achieved after multiple layers are applied.

       Not the best picture to show you the real colour of this lip tint, but I'll be working on my photos to show you my orange summer makeup (I'll be using this lip tint for the orange summer look) and I hope to show you guys really soon. 


Final thoughts

If you're looking for a lip tint to wear on your casual day out and wanted a natural finish then this is the right lip tint for you. The cute packaging is definitely a bonus. I have used up half of the bottle already and I can't wait to try on the new autumn colours. Although not very long-lasting, the popsicle container will make up for it (IKR, cute packaging always win haha). It's not very pricey and it costs me about RM29. I bought it online. That's all from me now and I hope to see you soon in my blog again! 
Which would you like to try? Tell me about it in the comments below. Can't wait to hear from you guys!

Comments

  1. Product is a lovely color. It is nice and light as described. It is not sticky like some mattes can be. It doesn't fully dry down, so you know it is still there. Recommend!
    makeup #instamakeup #toptags #cosmetic #cosmetics #fashion #eyeshadow #lipstick #gloss #mascara #palettes #eyeliner #lip #lips #tar #concealer #foundation #powder #eyes #eyebrows #lashes #lash #glue #glitter #crease #primers #base #beautiful #linhcorner

    See more at here: https://tinyurl.com/linhcornerlipstick

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me





Blogger | Content Creator

Hardcore fan of K-beauty
Foodie for life

Come say hi at my Instagram @nana_vanilla_