CANMAKE: Perfect Brown Eyes 05 #SkinnyBrown Review

In this post, I’ll be reviewing CANMAKE Perfect Brown Eyes Eye Shadow in 05 #Skinny Brown. CANMAKE is probably one of my favourite Japanese makeup brands. Their cute packaging often caught my attention and I remembered the first makeup product I bought from CANMAKE was their Perfect Serum BB cream. But my favourite and most precious product from CANMAKE would definitely be their Cream Cheek Blusher. I’ve also tried their JewelStar Eyes which is actually a cream glittery eye shadow. I don’t know why but I’ve always loved cream type of makeup products. I felt that they are easier to apply and look more natural on my skin. Now that I’ve tried and tested their bb cream, cream eye shadow and blusher, it’s time for me to go back to basic and try out their brown eye shadow palette. Let’s go!

| Packaging |
The front packaging

     Firstly, let’s talk about the packaging. The quad colour eye shadow is encased in a clear jewel-liked plastic container. Although the container looks quite simple, the details at the sides of the box seems to make it look a little classier and you could view the colours vividly from the transparent window of the box. 

Packaging is really simple. It doesn't come in a box and it's only wrapped in plastic. 



The back packaging

     As you can see, everything on the box is written in Japanese. I can't read Japanese but I can see that it is made in Japan LOL. There is also an illustration showing you the way to use each of the colour on this palette. Well, I think the illustration is easy to be understood and is easy to follow. 

     It comes with one eye shadow base and three glitter eye shadow colours, a dual-ended applicator and a small rectangular mirror. It’s pretty much all you will need to do your eye makeup and it comes in handy when you go travelling because it's all in one. 

It comes with a dual-end applicator that is easy to use and a real mirror right on top. 

     I bought mine in #05 SkinnyBrown because I wanted a natural brown eye makeup. It claims to be a hazel brown which makes your eyes appear bigger, yet still looking very natural. This palette also comes in 4 other different shades and they are #01 Deep Brown, #03 Glitter Brown, #04 Sweet Brown, and #06 Antique Khaki. Time to review each colour in detail shall we?

| Shades and Swatches |

A closer look on each eye shadow colour

A- Light beige shimmery cream base
B- Hazel brown eye shadow
C- Dark brown eye shadow
D- Coral eye shadow/ highlighter

    All the eye shadow colours contain shimmer but it's kinda disappointing because they aren't highly pigmented. The swatches below will show you what I mean exactly (with and without flashlight).

Swatches without flashlight
      In the picture above, colour B and C are quite obvious even without flashlight. Unfortunately, the pigmentation of D is the most disappointing (it is my favourite colour in this palette). I can hardly see any coral colour showing up on my skin. Even when I tried highlighting my upper eyes near the brow bone and under my eyes, the shimmery coral colour was barely to be seen. To be honest, I dislike the texture of the shimmery base. It was not soft and smooth enough to glide on my eyes and I had to exert a little force using my finger to apply the base. I also had to apply the base and the eye shadow several times because they were all not highly pigmented. 

Swatches under flashlight
     Although the highlighter (D) can be seen under flashlight, it look nothing like coral but just plain shining beige to me. The hazel brown eye shadow colour is also too light for my skin tone. I bet that the colours and pigmentation would have been better if they were matte. I also cannot deny that this brown palette will suit those with really fair skin better.

      I applied them in the morning and my eye makeup lasted about 6 hours. Although it was quite shimmery, the glitter did not fall all over under my eyes or face if applied correctly. I must mention that the dual-end applicator that comes with an eye shadow sponge and a brush is quite easy to use. I love that the brush is really soft and could easily pick up colours from the palette. 

| How to use |

1. Using your finger, apply the cream eye shadow base (A) all over on your eyelids.
2. With the sponge, dab on the hazel brown eye shadow (B) on your crease and also under your eyes.
3. Using the tip of the sponge, tightline your eyelids with the dark brown eye shadow (C).
4. Finally, highlight the inner corner of your eyes and under eyes with highlighter (D) using the brush. 

| Price and Where to buy |

It costs around RM60.90. You can buy them at SASA or any drugstore that sells CANMAKE makeup such as Guardian or you can even buy them online on HERMO. They're having a big sale and is selling this palette at only half its price. I bought mine from SASA at their clearance sale.

| Final Thoughts |
So yeah, make sure you go around and compare prices before purchasing this palette. It's quite pricey for me, for an eye shadow palette that isn't very pigmented. I would opt for KATE eye shadow instead for a brown eye makeup. Maybe those with fairer and lighter skin would love this palette and beginners would love it too because it's really easy to use. That's all from me and I hope you find this review useful.

     Do tell me your favourite product from CANMAKE and I can't wait to hear it from you. Also, don't forget to check me out on instagram @nana_vanilla_ . XOXO <3

Comments

Popular Posts

About Me





Blogger | Content Creator

Hardcore fan of K-beauty
Foodie for life

Come say hi at my Instagram @nana_vanilla_