Cafe Hopping in Ipoh: #3 Inside Scoop Review


Hello people! Thank you for staying with me and reading my blog. Today I’ll be reviewing a new café that was just opened in Ipoh (hint: yellow) and ice cream lovers are going to love it!

Did u guessed it right?

     Yes, it’s Inside ScoopAre you excited as I am because I am going to show you their gelato and waffles in photos of the highest quality ever that would make you hungry (Warning: Photos are going to make you crave ice cream immediately after viewing).

A cozy place to enjoy your favourite gelato and waffles
     

     Is anyone craving for a scoop of creamy and rich in flavor gelato now? Let's get to know Inside Scoop better before getting your cravings fixed. Inside Scoop is a locally owned ice cream parlour which started making their own ice cream from scratch back in 2013. The creators were inspired by local Malaysian food flavours such as cendol, teh tarik and durian. Their first outlet was in Bangsar and today they have expanded to 21 outlets which  are located mostly in the Klang Valley area, one in the northern region (Ipoh) and two in the southern region (Johor Bahru). 

     Their ice cream are handmade from the freshest ingredients and do not contain any preservatives or artificial flavouring (more reasons for you to visit your nearest Inside Scoop outlet). So what are some of their signature flavours? Their signature and unique flavours include kopi peng, cempedak, salted gula melaka, teh tarik, durian, and so much more. 

     Well, if you are lactose intolerant, do not worry. Inside Scoop has got your back! They do serve mouth-watering fruity sorbets too. Now there is ice cream for everyone and for every occasion. Not only that, they also serve delectable buttermilk waffles, cakes, crispy cones (to be eaten with your ice cream) and coffee. Now that we've got to know Inside Scoop, time for some detailed review of their ice cream and waffles, okay?

Teh tarik, Nutella and coconut ash gelato served with buttermilk waffles

     I'm loving all the three flavours that was picked. Teh tarik was definitely my favourite! I felt like I'm eating the "solid version of freshly brewed teh tarik at the usual Mamak stall" (haha, duh). It was so creamy and sweet. For those who would love a richer flavour and a little "lemak-ness" (creamy) in their ice cream, coconut ash should be your choice. Chocoholics out there must not miss to try Nutella, it's like eating the original Nutella spread but this time in an ice cream version. So chocolatey, sweet and nutty.  


Hoji cha, cendol and coconut ash gelato with buttermilk waffles
     


      I visited Inside Scoop again not long after my first visit and I ordered the same buttermilk waffles and coconut ash gelato, and this time I'm trying 2 new flavours, cendol and hoji cha. The buttermilk waffles were very good, they were crispy on the outside but fluffy on the inside. These buttermilk waffles are served with either a single, double or triple scoops of ice cream of your choice, dusted with some icing sugar and drizzled with chocolate sauce. Not only that, they do serve charcoal waffles and the new Nutella salted egg yolk with banana waffles. Perfect treats to be eaten with their ice cream!  

     The hoji cha flavoured ice cream is my new favourite! Hoji cha is a type of Japanese roasted green tea. The hoji cha ice cream somehow has a subtle hint of the roasty flavour but its texture is very smooth and creamy. If you find some of the other flavours too sweet, the sweetness of this flavour is just fine, not too overwhelming. 



     Anyway, tea time is not perfect without your favourite cup of coffee. I ordered two cups of hot latte. The latte was just a little too strong for me, I expected it to be lighter than cappuccino as it should consists more amount of milk. I would have like it, if it was creamier and more milk was added to it. Well, I might go back and try their iced latte or cappuccino and see how it goes. Hopefully, the barista would get my coffee just right. 






      One more thing before I sign off, the ice cream melts really fast, so be sure to take photos of your food quickly or you would end up drinking them (haha JK). This cafe is definitely a good place for your after-meal desserts and tea time session with family and friends. Great place for kids too. I'm looking forward to my next visit to Inside Scoop and I can't wait to try more new and exciting ice cream flavours! Till then, see you all again in my next post in the "Cafe Hopping in Ipoh" series. Don't forget to check out my instagram too @nana_vanilla 

More information of Inside Scoop Ipoh below.


Location: DGR-5, Ground Floor, Zone D, De Garden No. 1, Psrn. Medan Ipoh, Medan Ipoh, 31400 Ipoh, Perak. 


Business hours:

Sunday 12:30-23:59
Monday 13:00-23:00
Tuesday 13:00-23:00
Wednesday 13:00-23:00
Thursday 13:00-23:00
Friday 12:30-23:59
Saturday 12:30-23:59

ContactOfficial Website or call 05-543 9640


For more blog on yummy waffles and pancakes, click here

Comments

Popular Posts

About Me





Blogger | Content Creator

Hardcore fan of K-beauty
Foodie for life

Come say hi at my Instagram @nana_vanilla_