Cafe Hopping in Ipoh: #2 MarketPlace Waffle Bar & Cafe Review

Hello beautiful people! I'm back again and this time I'll be reviewing another great cafe in Ipoh that serves really good waffles and fluffy pancakes. What if I tell you that you can enjoy your waffles all day long and you can eat it is as your breakfast, lunch and even dinner? If you love waffles and waffles are for life, then this is the right place for you! The cafe that I'll be talking about is none other than the MarketPlace Waffle Bar and Cafe that is located in Jalan Market, Ipoh. I guess the cafe is named after its location.

     These days it's quite difficult to find any nice place in Ipoh that serves good waffles, plus I'm loving their food plating techniques. They make the food look so good on pretty plates and they pay such great detail to its garnishing. I am so glad that I discovered this wonderful cafe. 

  Delectable food + Great ambience = Instagram worthy photos! 

     So are you ready to embark on a sinfully delicious waffle journey with me? Let's get started!

Sweet waffle with Nutella (RM9)
     It's known as a waffle bar but this cafe serves a variety of menu ranging from salad, pasta, snack and pancakes. Do you know that they serve savoury waffles too? This wonderful combination of savoury food with waffles is a must try for food lovers out there. Who would have thought that you could eat your waffles with salmon, smoked duck and even mushroom?  I personally like to eat my waffles with fried chicken (it's so good and I'm craving for it right now). 

      
From the menu

Waffles

Sweet waffles: Mango (RM13)
     The mango waffles look so appetizing and mesmerizing doesn't it? This sweet waffle is served with fresh mangoes , vanilla gelato, coconut sauce, and crunchy crumbs. If you're looking for something fruity and wanting to try some new flavour combinations, this will totally tickle your taste buds. The mangoes goes really well with the vanilla gelato and the coconut sauce just make it taste even better!

     You would have noticed that their price is really reasonable (more reasons to visit this cafe, yay!). Let's explore their pancakes menu now, shall we?

Pancakes

Berries pancake (RM16)

     
     Berries pancakes are served with strawberries and bananas with gelato and whipped cream. The pancakes are fluffy and every bite is full of fruit bits. A truly satisfying dessert to have after your meal. 

Blueberries pancake and Cream cheese waffle (RM9 each)
     If you prefer eating your  pancakes and waffles the basic way, you could order one of those under the 'Butter and Jam' section where you can choose a wide array of topping or sauces to go with your pancakes and waffles such as strawberries, blueberries, orange marmalade, honey, nutella, cream cheese and peanut butter. 

Beautiful food plating
     Your phone camera is probably going to be the first to "eat" your food because you wouldn't want to miss a chance taking photos of these food. I hope you get what I mean when I say their food plating is really Instagram-worthy. 

Photo of me sipping on my iced popcorn latte
     Take some time and get here to enjoy your afternoon tea like a French. The ambience of the cafe and the furnishing somehow make me feel like I'm having my tea in one of those outdoor cafes in Paris. Bonne journée (have a good day) and I'll see you soon in my next post reviewing the third cafe to go in Ipoh! (Hint: Do you love ice cream?) Then click here.


Cafe business Information

Location: 13, Jalan Market, Ipoh, Perak

Business hours

Sunday 11:00 - 21:00
Monday 11:00 - 17.30
Tuesday CLOSED
Wednesday 11:00 - 17.30
Thursday 11:00 - 17.30
Friday 11:00 -21:00
Saturday 11:00 - 21:00 

Contact: Instagram (@marketplcipoh) or Facebook (MarketPlace Waffle Bar and Cafe)

Comments

Popular Posts

About Me





Blogger | Content Creator

Hardcore fan of K-beauty
Foodie for life

Come say hi at my Instagram @nana_vanilla_