Cafe Hopping in Ipoh: #1 Petit Mary Patisserie Review

Hi guys, today I am back with a new series that I will be working on my blog entitled "Cafe Hopping in Ipoh". In this series, I will be showing you Instagram-worthy cafes that you should visit when you are in Ipoh. But first, what is cafe hopping? I'm sure many "instagrammers" out there are familiar with this term, but to those hearing this for the first time, allow me to give you a short explanation. Cafe hopping means visiting few cafes in a single outing. It involves going (hopping from one to place to other) to cafes or coffee houses at one location to another cafes in nearby location all in just one day. Cafe hopping is the best thing to do with your family and friends during the weekend, especially if you grew bored or tired patronizing shopping malls on your day out. Next time you are planning an outing, why not try cafe hopping? Unwind the hassle and sip on your favorite cup of tea or latte! 

     Let's not waste time and get started with our main topic. The first cafe that I will be writing today is Petit Mary Patisserie. I have visited this cafe for a number of times and I must say that its exterior and interior design is one of the best cafes for taking Instagram photos. No worries, I'll be showing you lots of quality photos taken at this cafe okay?


This photo was taken outside the cafe. Can you spot their pretty Tiffany Blue entrance door?
  The Exterior and Interior

You can find more of these photos that I've taken at this cafe and their food on my Instagram @nana_vanilla_ . This cafe offers many beautiful spots for photo taking. Let's take a look at the interior. Once you enter the cafe (you'll feel like a VIP because their friendly staff is going to open the door for you), you will be able to spot a counter where you get to order your food and drinks. You will also be given choices either to dine at the ground floor or first floor (depending on seat availability). Each floor has its exquisite design and different furnishing. 



 
I went there for dinner one time and all the breads and pastries were almost sold out.


     On your right at the entrance, you will be able to see lots of fresh pastries and bread being displayed. Get your tray and handle and start filling it with your favorite bread, cookies and even macaroons. I love their chocolate tarts, sweet buns, and cream puffs. This is indeed a sweet paradise for a sweet tooth like me! You will also see a variety of cutely-crafted cakes at the cashier counter. 


       
     These little cakes are too cute to be eaten. I can hardly pick a favourite. This photo was taken during Chinese New year earlier this year and they had this little red lantern cake and pineapple-look-alike cake. I guess these cakes are seasonal and are only available during special occasion. The cakes' price is ranged from RM8 to RM15. 

     Let's take a look at its interior at the ground floor. You wouldn't want to miss taking photo at this beautiful spot.


At the ground floor dining area



     Get surrounded by beautiful and colourful flowers and have your photo taken here. The flower and table arrangement is just too lovely and elegant. 

     Now let's go up to the first floor, shall we? The dining space is definitely larger than the one in ground floor and it has more variety of furnishing. 


 Simply majestic!

     Alluring rose velvet sofas, white wooden tables, chandelier and even an artificial fireplace for a romantic dining experience. What else can you ask for from a cafe like this? I feel like I'm a royalty having my afternoon tea here. I was totally amazed with the interior design and its furniture setting. 


So beautiful ~

The Menu
     
Now that we have taken a peek at its exterior and interior design, let's explore their menu! Petit Mary Patisserie is the perfect place for you to have your breakfast, lunch, tea and even dinner. They serves good quality and delicious breakfast set, soup, main courses, kids meal, pastas, burger and rice. 


Breakfast



Dine in here and eat breakfast like a King!

I would recommend their Mary breakfast set that comes with a cup of tea or coffee and soft sweet buns priced only at RM18. If you're not a fan of American breakfast, you could grab some fresh pastries or bread (even croissants) and pair them with a cup of hot green tea latte (RM10). Their green tea latte (both iced or hot) is the best. Their beverages menu include coffee, frappes, hot tea and tropical fruit tea. 


Lunch / Dinner


This cafe also served really good pasta and rice. The rice menu comes in a quite big portion and you may consider sharing it so that you can save some space in your tummy for that extra serving of dessert. My favourite pasta meal from Petit Mary is definitely the Creamy Chicken Linguine (RM16.90). I never failed to order this every time I visit this cafe. Smoked duck pasta (RM17.90) is not bad too. Other pastas menu include Creamy Salmon Linguine (RM17.90).


Get your pasta cravings fixed here!


Big portion for rice menu
My favourite Creamy Chicken Linguine (RM16.90)
Creamy Salmon Linguine (RM17.90)


     Other than pasta and rice, they do served western and fusion main courses such as fish and chips, lamb chop with mongolian sauce and grill chicken with chips. 
Mary style Chicken Burger (RM17.90)



Tea time


In the pic below as you can see, I ordered a Hello Kitty berry mousse cake to be paired with my hot cappuccino. It was a perfect combination for afternoon tea. The cappuccino was served hot and creamy (loving the latte art too) and the berry mousse cake was not too sweet and heavy. Taste really good and I am glad to be able to try something new. 
Berry mousse cake and cappuccino


Now that you have seen all my photos and reviews about this pretty cafe, are you looking forward to plan your next trip here? I hope you do! Do tell me about your cafe hopping experience in the comment section below. I would love to hear from you. See you in my next Cafe Hopping in Ipoh post! I will be reviewing MarketPlace Waffle Bar and Cafe (click here).


Cafe business Information

Location: 83, Jalan Langsat, Taman Teh Teng Seng,
Ipoh, Perak (near Aeon Kinta City)

Business hours: Open daily (9:00 to 20:00)

Contact05-547 1328 or Facebook Petit Mary Patisserie

Comments

Popular Posts

About Me





Blogger | Content Creator

Hardcore fan of K-beauty
Foodie for life

Come say hi at my Instagram @nana_vanilla_