Where to eat in KL: Bingsu (빙수) at Caffe Bene!

My favorite Korean cafe: Caffe Bene 카페베네

This is my first post of 2015 (Read the updated post in 2018 below) and I am very excited to share with all of you one of my favorite Korean desserts called Bingsu (빙수). Bingsu actually means shaved ice and is served together with sweet toppings such as red bean, nuts and cookies.The classic version of this famous Korean treat is called Patbingsu (팥빙수) which is Bingsu served with sweetened red bean topping.

     Today, there are many variations of Bingsu and are easily found in cafes and specialty shops all over the world. I am glad that I visited Caffe Bene (카페베네) in Jaya Shopping Centre, Petaling Jaya, Selangor in Malaysia. Caffe Bene which the name means "Good Cafe", is a unique Korean culture cafe which incorporates the free spirit of European cafes and European life style. The cafe does not only sell Bingsu but it does offer many other heavenly desserts, for instance, Belgian waffles, Honeybread, Gelato and of course not forgetting its authentic coffee.

Cookies and Cream Bingsu
      I ordered Cookies and Cream Bingsu for myself and I would say that it was really fun munching those ice pieces together with the bits of cookies. It was not too sweet and tasted really refreshing. As you can see in the photos, it was definitely a large cup of Bingsu to be finished all by myself. I would recommend you to order one regular sized of bingsu to be shared with 2 to 3 persons. Portion is really big!

From the left: Strawberry Bingsu, Coffee Bingsu, Cookies &Cream Bingsu and Green tea Bingsu
      
      Well, I didn't visited the cafe alone. I actually had my after-dinner dessert with my family. We ordered all four of the flavors available. They look so cute next to each other in their glass cups. Don't they look like a piece of exquisite collection of Bingsu? Haha...anyway the lighting of the cafe was quite dim and so the pictures of the Bingsu didn't turn out well. Hmmm...I tasted the green tea one too. I personally didn't like it very much because it was just too nutty for me. It would have been better if it was topped with a green tea ice cream instead of the nuts and chocolate chips. I am looking forward to my next visit and I cant wait to try their Green Tea Latte and Honeybread. 






UPDATED 2018

I'm updating my post again on Caffe Bene after visiting the new outlet in One Utama and also the outlet in Gurney Paragon in Penang (already closed, sigh). This time I ordered their hot latte and tried one of their fancy looking cakes and it didn't disappoint me. Both complement each other so well and tasted really good! 


     
      I ordered their combo set which comes with a cup of coffee, a slice of cake and a regular sized bingsu of your choice (priced at RM35 if I'm not mistaken). Their hot latte was really creamy and it comes in a really big cup. Coffee break is not complete without a cake right? I tried the Raspberry Opera cake (correct me if I remembered it wrongly) and it was so delightful. I enjoyed every bite of the cake. It was not too sweet and the cake was so fluffy. 




      Earlier this year I visited the Penang outlet (it's closed down now) and ordered their hot caffe latte and a piece of chocolate and peanut butter cake. 

      





Do check out their website here:  http://caffebene.com.my/ for more details on their offerings and interesting news. 

Comments

Popular Posts

About Me





Blogger | Content Creator

Hardcore fan of K-beauty
Foodie for life

Come say hi at my Instagram @nana_vanilla_