PERIPERA Base Makeup Review: Blur Pang Peach Milk Blur and Ink Corrector (Lavender)


Hello lovelies! I'm back with a new makeup review and this time I'll be reviewing two types of base product from PERIPERA. The products that I'll be writing about today are the Blur Pang Peach Milk Blur and the Ink Corrector in #3 Lavender. I'm very excited to share this review with all of you because the Blur Pang Peach Milk Blur was crowned one of the best products by Get It Beauty. I'll first review the Peach Milk Blur followed by the Ink Corrector in the bottom section of this post okay? Let's go!

#BLUR PANG PEACH MILK BLUR REVIEW

     The first thing that caught my attention to this Blur Pang Peach Milk Blur was its peach scent. I love any makeup that is associated with peach whether it's the color or scent. It claims to be a speedy tone up and blur effect cream that makes bright and correct skin tone. This is perfect for anyone who wants immediate brightening on the skin without looking too unnatural and at the same time needed a cream that helps to cover and blur the skin blemishes. On the packaging, it also says to contain Goat Milk Extract, Vita Complex 10, and Peach Extract which helps brighten inner and outer skin tone. How cool is that? 

Here's the back packaging of the product. The details are all written in Korean.
     It has SPF 30 PA++ and contains 50 ml of cream which is packaged into a tube as shown in the photo above. I'm in love with its packaging because the tube comes in a box that resembles a milk carton. How cute is that? I'm still keeping the box with me because it's just so cute. If you've been reading my blog, I'm sure you know that I'm a sucker for cute packaging.

     On days when I don't feel like applying any makeup, I usually put this on and I'm ready to go because it contains SPF (provided that you do not stay too long under the sun ). It instantly brightens my skin without leaving a white cast and I love the peach scent so much. I really enjoy applying it on my skin. 


      It's also hygienic because there is not much contact with your hands. All you need to do is unscrew the cap and gently squeeze out the products. Be careful not to squeeze the tube too hard or you'll end up with too much cream and wasting it because all you need is about 1-2 pea sized pumps for your entire face. More details about its texture below!

Tip 1: Apply it to your entire face if you're using it alone as a sunscreen.
Tip 2: Only apply on dull areas on face such as forehead, cheeks, nose bridge and chin (to highlight) when using it as a makeup base. 

  


       Here's how the texture of the cream looks like. I've squeezed about one pea sized pump on my hand. It's neither too thick nor too watery. The texture somewhat resembles a moist hand cream and it's light pink in color. The texture is smooth when applied on skin but it's not easy to be applied on. The cream is not very watery as I've mentioned and that is why it takes some time to be absorbed into skin.

      You need to dab a few small dots on your face and slowly blend it on your face with your finger. If you're not a fan of using your finger, then I suggest you use a moist beauty blender to apply it. You need to be patient when applying this on your face or you'll end up with uneven patches on your face. If applied the wrong way, it can cause your makeup to cake later on after applying your foundation or BB cream.  

     Make sure you apply the cream in moderation because your face can end up looking too white (and it takes a long time before it blends with your skin tone). I'm sure you don't want to leave your house looking like a ghost. Remember, less is more! When it is applied the correct way, your skin will glow and brighten immediately. Due to its CC (CC stands for color and correct) effect, not only it will brighten your dull skin tone, it too helps your skin to achieve an even skin tone, making it easier for application for foundation or BB cream in your next step for makeup. 

The cream instantly brighten and even out your skin tone.

      Are you surprised with the result? My hand immediately brightens right after applying the cream. It provides a higher coverage as compared to a normal BB cream and helps to blur out any blemishes. Before I begin with the review on the Ink Corrector let me just briefly state its pros and cons of Peach Milk Blur.

#PROS
  • Quick way to get fairer skin 
  • Instantly brightens dull skin
  • Blur out blemishes
  • Price is affordable (worth its price)
  • Pleasant scent
  • Hygienic packaging 
#CONS

  • Not easy to apply (difficult to blend)
  • Can leave white cast if applied too much
      Will I repurchase? Maybe not. I'm sure there are better base products out there in the market that are perhaps more watery so that it's easier to be applied on face. Although, I really favor its immediate effect on skin, the scent and its packaging, it's quite sad because the texture is just quite thick to be blend on skin. If you don't mind spending a little longer time putting it, then you can try it. Anyway, this Peach Milk Blur is still way better than the Air Cotton Makeup Base by The Face Shop. Let me know in the comment below if you need a quick review on it.

     Do you know that PERIPERA has two other types of Blur Pang too? They are the Pure Milk Blur which offers tone up and sun care function and the Banana Milk Blur which offers tone up and natural cover effect. If you don't like Peach, maybe you can try the other two. 

Let's move on the Ink Corrector review, shall we?

#INK CORRECTOR #3 LAVENDER REVIEW


Before I begin, I'll just let you guys know that PERIPERA comes up with four types of Ink Corrector where each color has its distinct function in addressing skin imperfections. 




     However, in this post, I'll only be reviewing the Ink Corrector in #3 Lavender. I was quite surprised when I first tried it out by applying it under my eyes and it was able to conceal my dark circles. Even though it's doesn't cancel out my dark circle completely, it was able to correct the dull and brownish area under my eyes. I thought to give it a try and I purchased it. 


      The Ink Corrector is packaged in a small tube like in the photo above. Unfortunately, I couldn't show you its box packaging because I've thrown it away. It's very small and convenient to be brought anywhere and will not take up much space in your makeup pouch. 

The front view

The back view

     The packaging is really simple and it comes with an applicator shown in the photo below. 

      What's the use of a purple corrector and how to use? Generally, the purple or lavender corrector is used to neutralize yellow undertones on your skin. If you have dull and sallow complexion, you would need a purple corrector to add beautiful glow on your skin. 

       I like using it under my eyes because helps to brighten that area although a peach or salmon color correcting concealer is more suited to this job. FYI, a peach or salmon corrector is used to conceal dark circles under your eyes. Before, applying your foundation or BB cream, you can highlight these areas such the forehead, nose bridge, upper cheeks and chin using the Ink Corrector in #3 Lavender. It helps you to achieve a glow and dewy skin in no time. 


Comparison of texture between Ink Corrector and Peach Milk Blur

      I have compared the texture of the Ink Corrector in Lavender with the Peach Milk Blur as you can see in the pic above. The Ink Corrector has a thicker texture (and a mild scent that resembles baby lotion) as compared to Peach Milk Blur. However, I find it easier to be blend on skin. All you need is to draw a few strokes on the desired area and blend it with a sponge or beauty blender. 

#PROS

  • Easy to use/apply
  • Can be used as highlighter
  • Instantly brighten to dull skin tone

#CONS
  • Quite expensive
  • Not practical (because you might need to buy the other 3 colors to correct other skin imperfection)
      I would prefer purchasing color correcting concealers that come in a palette. Then you wouldn't have to bring all separate bottles when travelling because you can easily use all the different colors from just ONE palette. Well, if you think you only have a certain skin imperfection (such as dark circles or skin redness) that you want to conceal, then the Ink Corrector is suitable for you.  That's all from me now. See you again in my next post! 

Comments

Popular Posts

About Me





Blogger | Content Creator

Hardcore fan of K-beauty
Foodie for life

Come say hi at my Instagram @nana_vanilla_